This Autumn, restaurant group D&D London will celebrate its 10 year anniversary. On Wednesday 5th October, 10 D&D restaurants will welcome diners for a special, celebratory three-course lunch or dinner, priced at just £10. This is a gesture from D&D to thank its millions of customers for their support over the last decade.
For one day only, a £10 menu will be available at flagship D&D restaurants: Le Pont de la Tour, Quaglino’s, Bluebird, Orrery, Skylon, Sartoria, German Gymnasium, Plateau, Coq d’Argent and Butlers Wharf Chop House.
In addition to the celebratory £10 menu, a series of special events is planned throughout the autumn. First up, South Place Hotel will be hosting an exclusive evening of music and visual arts. On Friday 23rd September, British dance music legends Groove Armada will perform an intimate set, complemented with visuals from artist Gavin Mitchell, which will be projected onto the walls of the Secret Garden. All proceeds will be donated to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
On Wednesday 26th October, three D&D star chefs will be joining forces for a spectacular collaborative dinner at Blueprint Café in aid of child adoption charity Coram. Angler’s Gary Foulkes will be preparing the starter, Le Pont de la Tour’s Frederick Forster will mastermind the main course and Sartoria’s Francesco Mazzei is on dessert duty. And to round off the month at Quaglino’s, platinum-selling American R&B and dance music legend Jocelyn Brown will be performing to an invited audience on Thursday 27th October.
In September 2006, Des Gunewardena and David Loewi (the eponymous D and D) led the buyout of Conran Restaurants and founded D&D London, which has since evolved into a diverse collection of 34 restaurants, located in major cities across the world and employing over 2,000 employees. Over the last 10 years, many remarkable chefs have honed their skills working with D&D. Current culinary stars include Francesco Mazzei, Gary Foulkes, and Frederick Forster and Jeremy Lee, John Torode, Robin Gill and Allan Pickett are just a few of D&D’s star chef alumni. Countless waiters, sommeliers, maître d’s and other back of house staff have also cut their teeth as part of the D&D family and have achieved significant position in the London restaurant scene.
Chairman and CEO of D&D London, Des Gunewardena reflects upon the anniversary: “People have said that the last decade has been a golden age for London restaurants and I think they are right. D&D London has restaurants in Paris, New York and Tokyo, but for me there is no doubt that London leads the pack – not only at the top end of the market, but also in casual dining, street food, gastro pubs and so on. To my mind it’s like the Premier League in football. Restaurateurs and chefs from the US, Europe, Far East, as well as Londoners, all want to be part of it and so are driving quality and innovation. We’ve had a great first 10 years as D&D and look forward to firmly remaining part of the most exciting restaurant scene in the world in the next 10.”
To request imagery and for all press information, please contact Sauce Communications: Georgia Lowther Georgia@saucecommunications.com Tel. 020 8600 3600
Notes to editors
£10 menu offer T&Cs:
- Bookings for the offer will open on Monday 26th September
- Guests wishing to take advantage of the £10 offer should make a telephone reservation at their restaurant of choice, quoting ‘Decade of D&D menu’
- Diners will be able to choose from a three-course set menu
- The offer will be subject to availability, with 1000 covers available and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis
- A maximum of four guests per booking
- D&D London is a group of luxury restaurants, bars and hotels based principally in London, but also with venues in Leeds, Paris, New York and Tokyo. Today D&D London owns and operates 34 restaurants and an award-winning hotel.
- D&D has achieved numerous accolades across the group recognising its exceptional food, design, service and sustainability. The group currently holds Michelin Stars at Launceston Place and Angler. D&D was also named the Sustainable Large Restaurant Group of the Year 2015 by the Sustainable Restaurant Association.