MASH London team up with Red Nose for a special foodie fundraiser
On Monday 11th March, MASH restaurant in Piccadilly, London will host a one off night celebrating wine and food as part of Red Nose Day’s brand new Menu Relief, to which everybody is invited.
To accompany a specially created three course menu, guests will be invited to bring and swap their own favourite bottles of wine on the night for which no corkage fee will be charged. MASH’s team of ten expert sommeliers led by MASH’s head sommelier Christian Thorsholt Jacobsen will be on hand to guide guests through the array of wines which will on offer to drink throughout the night.
For £50 per person, guests will be able to enjoy a three course menu with £20 of the proceeds going direct to Comic Relief. The normal price of this menu is £55 and will feature dishes such as the restaurant’s signature 250g Danish rib eye and Uruguay New York Strip steak together with fries and sauces to share followed by MASH’s classic cheesecake with strawberry sorbet.
MASH, which is noted for its rare and developed wine collection particularly from the Americas, will be showcasing their own wine including their bespoke 2011 “No Bull” Syrah blend over the course of the night. The wine will be sold as individual and magnum sized bottles at a special price of £33 and £70. A donation of £10 for all single bottles sold and a donation of £20 for each magnum will be made to Comic Relief. MASH will be offering glasses of their two favourite wines over the course of the night for guests to sample.
Menu Relief from now until the end of March. By dining out and donating to Comic Relief there’s an opportunity to help
people living in unimaginably tough lives across the UK and Africa. To find your nearest Menu Relief restaurant go to www.rednoseday.com/menurelief
To book a table please contact: MASH on 0207 734 2608 and quote “Menu Relief” or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
- A three course vegetarian menu will also be available priced at £40.00 plus a 12.5% service charge of which £10 will be donated to Comic Relief
- MASH stands for Modern American Steak House and combines the informal Danish approach to eating and drinking with the sophisticated modern American steakhouse in elegant and comfortable surroundings
- MASH London is based at 77 Brewer Street, London W1F 9ZN
- For more information about Red Nose Day please visit: wwwwrednoseday.com
About Red Nose Day:
- Red Nose Day 2013 is heading your way on Friday 15th March when the great British public will once again be asked to Do Something Funny for Money
- Raising cash this Red Nose Day can help to change lives forever. That’s because Comic Relief spends the money raised to help change the lives of poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged people across the UK and Africa
- Comic Relief was launched on Christmas Day in 1985, live on BBC One. At that time, a devastating famine was crippling Ethiopia and something had to be done. That something was Comic Relief. The idea was simple – Comic Relief would make the public laugh while they raised money to help people in desperate need. Before too long, Red Nose Day was created and the first ever event in 1988 raised a staggering £15m
- This year, 2013, marks the 25th anniversary of Red Nose Day which has raised over £600m and helped to change lives both in the UK and Africa
- Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)
Please drink responsibly. UK Chief medical Officers recommend that men do not regularly exceed 3-4 units daily and women 2-3 units daily. Avoid alcohol if pregnant or trying to conceive. www.drinkaware.co.uk
To book a table please contact MASH reservations on:
0207 734 2608
Please quote “Menu Relief” at the time of booking
For more information about MASH please contact:
Jess@Saucecommunications / 020 8600 3600